What is a Bachelor’s Degree in Travel & Tourism Management?
Tourism Management is one growing career choice among the youth. This course teaches how to develop, manage and market tourism. These subjects can increase knowledge of client servicing and develop new skills. Some of the reasons why one should choose this course are mentioned below for your reference,
- Future Prospects- After the successful completion of the course, candidates can get a lot of opportunities in the private as well as Government sector. Candidates can work as a Travel agent, travel supervisor, sales executive, market executive etc. Candidates can get to work in companies like Goibibo, Makemytrip, Trivago etc. Some of the Government organizations are Uttar Pradesh Tourism, Uttarakhand Tourism, etc.
- Good Salary Package – Post this course, candidates can expect a starting salary ranging between INR 3, 75,000 – 5, 20,000 per annum. However, there are numbers of factors on which the salary of a candidate is dependent such as skills, academics, experience, etc.
- Can work as Freelancer – After completing this course or even while pursuing this course candidates can work as a freelancer. They can open their own travel agency or become a travel guide if they have knowledge about the tourist places, monuments, etc.
- Promotes new skills- BBA in Travel and Tourism Management guides candidates about the processes of travel and tourism. Candidates can learn new skills such as communication skills, Social Skills, Customer Service, Hospitality, etc. These skills will help the candidate to excel in the profession.
What does a Travel and Tourism graduate do?
Some of the jobs of Travel and Tourism Managers include:
- Maintaining cordial relationships with airline companies, travel agencies, hotels, resorts, car rentals, etc.
- They have to cater to the needs of their clients and accordingly book hotels, tickets, cars and respective activities for their tour.
- They also have to look into and take responsibility for all documentation while traveling like visa, passport, and itineraries, medical and legal forms.
- They have to ensure that their clients get the best prices during their travels.
- They also have to take care of any issues that may arise during the trip and be quick to act upon it.
- They also have to analyze and prepare budget reports for each trip.
What does a Bachelor’s Degree in Travel & tourism Management Teach You.
- Study of specialized courses in travel management.
- Foreign Language course
- Knowledge about different geographical locations and their specialties
- Detail about Travel Business and travel market
- Practical and theoretical knowledge about tourism subjects like Management, Accountancy, fieldtrip, Business law and other industries associated with tourism.
- Different exposer for tourism research areas .
Our Recruiters :
Duration: 3 years (6 Semesters), Eligibility: 10+2 or Equivalent with English.
|Session||In the month of June-July, once a year|
|Class Timing||Theory Class
9:30 AM – 1:45 PM (Monday-Friday)
2 PM – 4:05 PM (Monday-Friday)
|Recognition/Affiliation||Recognised by WBUT.|
|Admission Process||10 + 2 with English.
Through CET Exam
Note: Students can use lab, library and accounts services from Monday to Saturday as per shift timing.
|Prospectus Application Form||Rs. 1,000/-|
|Admission Fees(One time)||Rs. 15,000/-|
|Caution Money(One time)||Rs. 5,000/-(Refundable)|
|Tution Fees per Semester||Rs. 25,000/-|
|Total Fees in 4 Years||Rs. 1,65,000/-|
- IMS Tution Expenses
- Sets of Uniforms
- Industry visit (If situation permits)
- At least one seminar exposure
- OTG Pendrive
- All University fees
- Summer & Final Placement Assistance (Subject to a minimum of 80 % attendance)
- Fees to be paid only in DD or PO in favour of “Institute of Management Study” payable at Kolkata. Cash acceptable for prospectus and miscellaneous receipt only.
- Caution Money of Rs. 5000/- is refundable at the end of the program/transfer/discontinuation after adjusting for any damage of property/fine/penalties/dues, etc.
- 10% of the fees to be paid in case of backlog/year lag per semester
- Odd semester fees to be paid within 30th June, Even Semester fees to be paid within 31st December, thereafter that late fine will be applicable as per norms
- Any late payment of fees is subject to late fees as decided by management.